Volume data analysis and iso-surface extraction for MVE-2
|Ing. Jiří Zapletal
|Date last modified:
|Year of insertion
|Number of downloads:
Software modules for analysing and extracting iso-surfaces from volume data on MVE-2 visualization platform.
Modules for processing volume data are implemented in library Visualization.dll. Their purpose is to find, according to selected threshold value, in input volume data the iso-surface (a surface, that connects data points with equal data value), represented by triangle mesh, that can be further processed on the MVE-2 platform. Modules for iso-surface extraction are named after the algorithms they implement:
- Marching Cubes
- Marching Tetrahedra 5 – implementation of the algorithm with subdivision into 5 tetrahedra
- Marching Tetrahedra 6 – implementation of the algorithm with subdivision into 6 tetrahedra
A template was constructed for the creation of these modules, that will make easier eventual implementation of another extraction algorithms.
Part of the library is also the module Volume Data Histogram
, that generates and displays occurence histogram of data values from input volume data. This information can give the user idea about character of the data and it's values.
- bin – files intended for distríbution, including file 'readme.txt', in which installation process can be found
- doc – contains programmer's and user's documentation for supplied software
- src – source files of aforementioned modules